Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Catastrophic Success

Monday, June 23, 2008

Walk the talk

KUCHING: It looks like the government’s latest cost-cutting measure is taking a foothold here with several ministers riding bicycles to ‘work’ yesterday morning.

Minister of Youth and Sports Datuk Ismail Sabri Yaakob rode a bicycle from Kuching Hilton to Kuching Waterfront to attend a function.

In his leisurely stroll along Main Bazaar Sabri’s was joined by, among others, Assistant Minister of Tourism Hamden Ahmad and Pantai Damai assemblyman Dr Abdul Rahman Junaidi.

Arriving at 7.45am at the function venue, a bemused crowd of several hundreds would not have recognised the VIPs if not for an announcement to welcome them.

Source : The Borneo Post

Its good to hear the Minister walks the talk and rides bicycle to 'work'. But Kuching Hilton to Kuching Waterfront is such a short distance!!! Eventhough I'm not a sportsperson, it will take me hmmmm ....... say maybe 10 minutes to run from Kuching Hilton to Kuching Waterfront .... and maybe 5 minutes riding a bicycle?? I may exaggerating though....but imagine if I have to ride the bicycle from Petra Jaya to my work place at Kota Samarahan!! By the time I arrive...I pengsan liaw!!

No comments: