Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Catastrophic Success

Monday, November 8, 2010

Outstanding N3 - Aliff Zafran is 4!!

28th October 2010 - Aliff Zafran's Birthday.

Aliff Zafran is 4 and at this moment, he is the biggest fan of Transformers. I guess by now, everybody knows that already. So, for his birthday, I decided to make a Birthday cake for him :-). I'm not an expert when comes to birthday cakes though especially the decoration and writing part - total failure. Heheh.


This is the first cake I bake for Aliff Bday. Frosted with buttercream and the Bumbblebee pic is edible ink printed. See the wording...yikes, soo amateur hehehe. This is the cake he bring to school to celebrate with friends. Despite the imperfection of the cake, Aliff is happy & kinda proud of it because, hey, it's Bumbblebee's Cake okey!! :-)

I was on leave on 27th because Aliff was sick - sick on his Birthday as well - kesian!!. Aliff as usual, attentively watching Tranformers movie that day, so I decided to bake another birthday cake. Mainly because the 1st cake looks so ugly hehehe, I cannot smoothed the buttecream - see the yellowish sugar, I spread it on the buttecream to hide the unnecessary :-D - some sort of make-up lah hehehe.

This 2nd birthday cake, I'm using fondant. Making fondant is like making the bread dough. If you do not have a heavy duty mixer like Kenwood or KitchenAid, I advise you never try the fondant! Duh! Unlike buttercream, it's much easier to smoothed the fondant, like playing with plastercine when we were kids - roll, colour, shape etc whatever we like.The difference is that we can eat fondant cause it made from icing sugar among other things. But, honestly, I would never eat fondant - looks beautiful but not the taste.

All smiles - from left, Abang Izzat, Abang Aliff & Adek Arfan

This is how the cake looks like when I slice it. Originally, I wanted to make 7 layer of bright colour cake like rainbow colour but then I decided to make 4 colours only - too time consuming and I haven't eaten the whole day!! The base recipe is a cake flavoured with lemon, layered with a little raspberry jam. For this cake, I'm using Dorie Greenspan's Baking from My Home to Yours - Best Party Cake (how true!!) recipe.

My sister doesn't want to eat the cake, she said it's too beautiful to eat -ceh! That's the dilemma I face when I bake cakes, save for Adek (Arfan) everyone else in my family ate a little portion of cake only. So, the rest of the cake - I sedekah to our Surau - hope they like it! And oh, I did cut-off the fondant part - if I don't eat it and dislike the taste, I wouldn't want other people to eat it as well :-).

No comments: