Monday, February 7, 2011

Red red red...everywhere

I saw red everywhere I go, The Spring (like - no other shopping mall in Kuching?? duh!!) and even the road to my friend house have the red tanglung hanging on the street lighting post - nice, of course-lah, it's Chinese New Year!!


I went to my friend house on first day of CNY, whom of course wearing red colour blouse. But unfortunately I didn't get the red ang pow!! Obviously, I'm too old for that hu hu hu. I must say that my friend, Ms. Jong bake a really nice biscuits - small and cute!!! Cantik sangatttt - geramm tengok. After that I got motivated to bake a small and cute biscuits like her, which I didn't cause I decided to bake a red cake instead.

This is what I bake for CNY - Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting



Chinese believe red is an auspicious colour. I love red colour and I have red sofas at home :-). (Motif sangat nak bagitau...hehehehe)

I don't know why I've been putting-off baking Red Velvet Cake for so-long. Baking this cake is really a pleasure - very moist, nice texture, red red red... ;-). I say, this time I manage to smoothed the frosting - thanks to You Tube - great tips for cake deco etc. But the deco still need improvement (alot!!)- practice practice practice.

And ohh, I went visiting to one Chinese friend's house only. Only one!!! Me so terok ahh...hiasshhh!! Sorry to my other friends, not that I don't want to go, but with my 2 expensive Chanel handbags (my sons lah), can be really challenging! Plus the pouring rain all day, yada yada yada hehehe....Anyway, I wish all Happy Chinese New Year. 
May this year of Rabbit bring you and your loved ones good health, fortune and prosperity.

1 comment:

Lina said...

Hello there,

I’m Azlina from Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang. I am currently doing a research on Malaysian Bloggers as part of my Masters degree in Social Science (Psychology). Your blog has been selected and I would sincerely be grateful if you can participate in my study. In this research, I am interested to understand more about your blogging experience. If you are indeed 18 years old and above, and willing to spend a few moments of your time to complete a survey to help with my research, please answer the questionnaire in the link below as soon as possible. If you have any questions or concerns about this survey, you may email me at scorpluto35@yahoo.com.

I sincerely appreciate your time and consideration!


http://www.kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=IJNOIM_a20d967d



Azlina
scorpluto35@yahoo.com


please delete this after done, thanks